Thursday, September 19, 2013

I LOVE CAPE FEAR STUDIOS!!!

Apparently I am not alone in my LOVE affair with Cape fear Studios.  As you can plainly see from the award above,http://www.capefearstudios.com/  was voted Best Art Gallery AND Best Place to Buy Local Art by the readers of Up & Coming Weekly.

I served my first four hour shift at the retail desk there yesterday as a new and PROUD exhibiting member.  Now that I have that accomplished, I can add my items to a display case just in time for the upcoming Fourth Friday Celebration there on September 27th from 6 pm to 9 pm.  I am feverishly designing and creating new pieces to offer exclusively at the Studios.  Here are some of the artists who were actually working in the studios as I was watching the retail end.
 Gail Harris was finishing off a spectacular work in oils.
 Kathy Moore was loving her expression in watercolor.
 Jill Dieffenbach was labeling her pottery for display and sale.
 A High School student was working on a fused glass piece for her school project with Lois White pictured below.

 Karen Moore truly enjoys her time at the easel and we can see why.  Another of her masterpieces is pictured below.
All of these amazing artists were working there plus others who are camera shy so see what an adventure can be had by stopping by
http://www.capefearstudios.com/  
148 Maxwell Street   in downtown  Fayetteville, NC
 any weekday  from   11 am to 5 pm  or
Saturday  from  10 am to 4 pm.....closed Sundays.
There are also the artist's receptions and contests on Fourth Fridays which really draw a crowd.
If you want to see why we were voted the BEST then come and see for yourself.  You will be glad you did.




No comments:

Post a Comment