Monday, June 6, 2011

On Top of Things



I LOVE this photo...such a fitting depiction of life in the Sonoran Desert of Arizona. This poor bobcat was "saguaro-ed" (can't call it treed) by a mountain lion at the base of the Superstition Mountains outside of Phoenix. The reason I chose this today is my air conditioning went out yesterday...it was 102 degrees by the way and I was in the middle of an OPEN HOUSE! I have that American Home Shield Insurance protection program provided by my Caldwell Banker Real Estate agent...because I am SELLING my home and I am BROKE!!! So at 5am today I got online...should have done it yesterday, I realize now ... hindsight being 20/20 and all...and put in a request for service. I was contacted at 9:13 am by the company assigned to do the work. GREAT NEWS! They are booked solid until Wednesday, June 8th!!!! A repairman will not be dispatched until 8 am-10am that date....the temperature today was 98 degrees and tomorrow we are scheduled for a 99 degree day...humidity in the single digits though...praise the Lord!!! I refused to leave my little soul mate in the HOT HOUSE whilst I meandered the cool cool malls or some such so we toughed it out together.

I got to try something new...Fan air blowing over ice cubes...it works by the way! Actually the whole experience was rather invigorating TODAY...hope we survive tomorrow. Little Squeakers and her fur coat were stuck to me like glue through this whole nightmare....she sure doesn't like extraordinary circumstances or CHANGE!

I worked on some beadwork in front of the HD watching DVR offerings I have saved up....talked to my daughter in NC....texted my grandson in NC...visited with the potential buyers of my home from yesterday's Open House...quite a social day for a place that was well over 90 degrees inside.

Life in the Sonoran Desert...there was a reason the Native Americans from down here migrated North after May rather than "weather" the searing sun and blast furnace heat!

Happy Trails Folks.....till we meet again

No comments:

Post a Comment