Tuesday, March 9, 2010

BUT NOW......It's Just the TWO of US Again!

My soul mate and I were abandoned to fend for ourselves again on February 25th. Took me awhile to come out of my FUNK of being without my little ones, but I am recovering...slowly.

My little soul mate, Squeakers keeps me on my toes! Then there's all that NEEDS to be done so I can get this place sold and get out of here to REJOIN my crew out there in God's Country (North Carolina).


So where am I with all this STUFF that needs doing? Well, while they were here, April & Ella, we had a pretty good sized yard sale with lots of helpers & got rid of a bunch o' stuff. After they left I gave away the dinosaur Hammond organ and they actually came and used three VERY STRONG men to carry it out in the rain to a trailer they rented and drove away with it.
Next, the handmade cutting table that my Dad constructed was given to a very dear friend who has a bicycle business that he could use it in. They also came and disassembled the huge unit into three pieces and trucked it away. My friend and I then cleaned up & organized the largest storage room.
Yesterday I called a roofer who built up the roof (a FLAT one like mine) across the street and gave it insulation and some pitch to let the water runoff. They will be out in a day or so to do an estimate. Then I will call painters for bids on the interior & exterior. Finally I will take all this paperwork along with a list of my debtors I want to pay off to my local banker to apply for a Home Equity Loan to get this work done. At long last, if all that comes through, I will be able to list the house to sell and PRAY it goes quickly.
Oh yea, I still have boxes of clothing and items from Christmas to send to the kids that would not fit in their luggage. Then there's the continual packing going on....I DO GET A BREAK to BEAD and even have a class scheduled here at the house to teach a friend to do "ndebele" or herringbone stitch this Saturday. Haven't taught in ages so I am so glad she is a friend and won't judge my rustiness.
There it is...the blog is now current! Did I miss alot of things we did...sure! But hey, at least I brought this thing up to date! I just wish I was current and more active at managing my online stores so some sales could be happening! All in due time, I guess. NAMASTE!

1 comment:

  1. you didn't throw anything away in the large storage unit did ya?

    ReplyDelete